Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sewing! YAY!

Today I got started on sewing the I SPY squares together. I set up my sewing machine in the kitchen, and it worked out really well..... Only one scare when Ask had crawled under the table and sat on the presser-foot! But luckily my hands were nowhere near the needle at the time :-)
It's an odd shape right now, but here's a little peek...


I managed to sew 4 rows today....that's 84 squares (for some reason I ended up with a 20x21 square layout). Now I only have 16 rows to go.


I like how it's turning out, however, I think I'll choose squares bigger than 3" if I ever do a quilt like this again. They are quite small.

Here's how I ended up storing it. One envelope for each row, and I also took pictures....just to make sure (thanks Jodie, that must be those organization-of-information-librarian-skills!)


This post-a-day thing is working out well for me already, I don't think I would have taken the time to sew today otherwise. The only other thing I had to blog about, was shopping for rainboots for Ask and shoes for Viola....

7 comments:

Tonya said...

It's coming along very nicely, Tine and it looks like you have everything very organized : ) I like this post a day thing, everyone I like to read is going to be posting more, YAY!

Kitty said...

hi there
thanks for your comment.
I'm glad because now I have found your blog. I love that quilt, it's looking great.
The red moleskine is a limited edition colour for this years diary,& I just stuck a sticker to the front. I'm in australia, so I don't know where you can get them from elsewhere.
Thanks for liking my books, it's nice to get feedback.
have a great day.

ladydi said...

You gals are so ambitious to create a post a day in May - and to work on your project so you'll have something to post! Nicely done, and how organized your blocks are; I'm impressed. Where do you normally keep your sewing machine?

Dana said...

Oh wow! That is gonna be a gorgeous quilt!! My favorite kinds of quilts are patchworky like this. In fact I've been thinking about hosting a swap on my blog that would lend itself to patchwork quilting. You've inspired me even more.

mathea said...

That is going to be a great quilt!
I only just discovered that you have started blogging, so I have had a great time here reading your earlier posts :-)

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Hey that is coming along really well, it looks fantastic. The organisational ideas are really great too.

susan said...

oh it looks so good. can i ask what age these quilts are usually given to? i have two little nephews and i need to make them quilts.....