Saturday, May 10, 2008

YAY! Weekend!

And it started off with me getting a package in the mail :-)

I'm doing the 6" - 12" miniquilt-swap over on Flickr, and my swappartner Imagingermonkey made this little beauty for me! I love it! Thank you so much :-)

My sweetie put up shelves for me, so now my sewing-stuff won't be scattered all over the place anymore! This is going to be such a relief, now I can put things away instead of just moving piles around :-)


Viola and I also cut fabric for a pair of 3/4length pants for her.
Hopefully we'll be able to do some sewing tomorrow.


Here's a little peak at what I'm working on for Imagingermonkey


And here's a picture for Tonya. This is our kitchen, with the turquoise glass-tile countertops. The tile was meant to be used in bathrooms, for floors I think, and the salesman thought I was mad for wanting it as my countertops. But I love the color, I love that it doesn't get stained and it's easy to clean.

As you can see, we have our neighbors pretty close by ;-)

10 comments:

Lily Boot said...

oh lovely, lovely embroidery - those laizy daisies look so pretty! And shelves - shelves are good. I like your kitchen - looks very airy and bright - and very cosmopolitan view from the window. Hope you get some sewing time now you have shelves :-)

ladydi said...

Shelves are good. Moving piles from one spot to the other made me LOL - how familiar, even though I have shelves. They just happen to be full. :>} Love the little quilts!

Jodie said...

That sneak peak looks awesome!!

mathea said...

That's a great sewing area - it's so much easier to have your stuff sorted and ready for use, in theory at least... I have shelves over my sewing and cutting table too, but I'm not always so good at putting things back where they belong - I really must go and sort through those piles now to get more workspace... I love the colour of your walls, by the way.

sharleen.2cupsofcoffee said...

I'm very jealous of your sewing area. I have zero space to call my own. Needless to say, projects don't get done because I'm too lazy to drag all of my supplies out!

Holly said...

Oh Man! I love those tiles too! They look like a perfect shade of blue! Your cabinets are so cool... very Euro! ;-) I really like the color behind your new shelves too. Pretty!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the peak of your embroidery - the colours look lovely.

Those Mickey Mouse pants are going to be fabulous too!

Tonya said...

Oh Tine! Thank you so much for that picture, I LOVE it!!!! I think I have found my new countertops, now I just have to convince dh ; )

Your quilt square couldn't be any cuter, and I can't wait to see the one you are doing finished, beautiful embroidery!

Yay for new shelves!!!! You have a good hubby : )

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Great shelves! I need some just like that. Your kitchen looks pretty cool too.

Dana said...

Looks like a lovely work space!