Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lazy saturday

Ask and I played with trains today, I'm not sure this is the way they tell you to do it, but it's effective! LOL!

Ask and Charles napped together, and while they slept, Viola and I went shopping for a birthday-present for a friend. Our favourite bookstore is right by this churchtower, very originally called "The Round Tower". It was built by King Christian IV in 1642. It was built as an observatory, and originally it also held a library and an apartment! Imagile living there!
Now it's used for exhibits.

This is at the foot of the tower....Viola really wants to go up there, so next time maybe we will, and I can take you along with us :-)

We got a huge cookbook for our friend -regretted that many times as I was carrying it home! And I found Dr. Seuss translated to Danish! "Horton hears a who" is one of my favourites, but no point in reading it to my children in English... So I was happy to find it, and the translation is really good too!


We have read it twice already, but it's a bit long.....little ones get impatient :-)
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

ladydi said...

That is an awesome tower! And I love the picture of the little pink foot nudging the train along. I assumed that since you are so very fluent in English that your children are, too, but I can see preferring a story in your own language. I always liked Horton, too.

Marie said...

Oh wow! Please go up that tower and take some pics. I would love to travel to where you live, it looks absolutely gorgeous! Love the little feet on the train tracks, baby feet are the best!

Lily Boot said...

Once again I am blown away by your local beauty! Fancy living near a tower like that - omg! Definitely would love photos of inside!

Suzanne said...

That Church tower is beautiful. I would definetly like to visit one day. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Arkerchi said...

The tower looks beautiful. I bet it will be quite a nice place to visit too.

Tonya said...

I wanna kiss those little toes!

It sounds like a lovely day, and this is silly, but I never thought about the fact that your children probably don't speak English! DUH!!! What beautiful architecture you have in Copenhagen, it must be an amazing city.

Denise (Nour) said...

What an amazing tower! Such history! I agree with Viola.. it would be great to explore that tower! Thanks for sharing...

Tracy said...

I'd love to explore in that tower too :)

You live in a beautiful place.

Anonymous said...

We should have a great day today.

Under the Lychee Tree said...

We had fun time going up the tower great views. I'm enjoying your sewing projects for kids. My daughter is 20 but she still wants me to sew her clothes.