Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sarah Fielke BOM - finished my blocks ;-)

I did get a lot of sewing done today too. 
I also cheated and swapped 2 of the paper pieced blocks for some other pieced blocks. 
I really don't like paper piecing....

I started out following Sarah's pattern
 
This block is pieced in a regular (to me) way. Meaning with no paper :-)
 
The colors are a little lighter than what I have used most of so far, but I think it works. 

My LO will look something like this
 
I still need to sew all the blocks together. And add the borders. 
At least I have the corner border blocks done. But I still need to cut all the triangles for the borders. I can't believe I made it this far! 
I love this quilt already. 

....it's Sarah Fielke's 2016 BOM "Happy Days" 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your blocks all work very well together. Congratulations on getting all of the blocks sewn!

Kate said...

Gorgeous! I would have never put all those elements together, but they all work well with each other. As I've said before those brights with the black just glow.