Friday, October 1, 2010

Christmas preparations

I have wanted to try this tutorial since I first saw it last year. 
Like so many other things, I have been thinking about it, but haven't actually tried it until now! I found an old magazine that was going to be thrown out, and I started...
Testing my bow-making abilities
I was sure it was going to be impossible, but it wasn't that bad! I cut my strips a little too wide, and so I didn't have room for the 3rd layer - but hey! Who said I can't just leave that 3rd layer out and leave it as it is?!
That's what I did...I made a mistake by cutting the strips of paper too wide, but I made it work ;)
Now I just need to find some fancier paper - I am thinking the Christmas adds will be nice - and then I have to make some more, so we can have beautifully wrapped presents without having to spend money on the wrapping. Cool, huh?!

5 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Thanks for the reminder - I have been meaning to try this too. You are so right - it will add to the christmas packaging!

l said...

Your bow turned out great!
I don't think I did that last strip either.

ladydi said...

How beautiful! What a remarkable transformation, from a magazine to a bow.

mtnchild said...

I really like that, thank for bringing it to our attention. Half the bows in purchased bags always seem to be crushed. And they are so plain!

I have a lot of nice magazines. Just what I needed - another Christmas project. LOL!!
Yvette

Vic said...

I'm impressed! I don't know if I have the patience to make those for all of my xmas pressies though...!

Happy Blogtoberfest!