Saturday, December 25, 2010

Morris Workshop quilt done!

My parents have recently moved from their house in the country and to an apartment in the city. I am so happy for them, the house was huge, they had to drive everywhere and there was a huge garden to look after.
So all in all a good thing. For the new apartment they bought a new couch...and as we all know, a new couch needs a new quilt :)
This is the label...I wrote Merry Christmas 2010" and our names. Miss V wrote her own name and did some drawings. I like how it turned out :)

The fabric is "Morris Workshop", I have had it for a while and am very happy to have used it all in a quilt, as I had planned. The solid is Kona Cotton in Mocha.
Please just look at the quilt, and not the mess :) I like how this turned out, and my parents are so happy with it. They were totally surprised by it! Yay!
Also, I must say that finishing this quilt was quite a challenge, my parents have been staying with us most of December because Miss V has had pneumonia, and I haven't been able to work on it while they have been here!
I pieced the backing using the rest of the prints, some Kona Cotton in Mocha and Moss and a dotty print from my stash.

This was a fun quilt to sew, not a lot of cutting and most of it could be string-pieced.

My only problem now is, that my sister just bought new couches too....
-and she turns 40 in January!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

that label is so cute! I'm glad you were able to surprise your parents with the quilt.

ladydi said...

Your quilting came out great! Lucky parents!! Perhaps a crocheted afghan for your sister's new couch? At least you can work on it on the bus, the train, for a minute before breakfast, etc.

SweepMcGee said...

I love it! Where did you get the pattern?