Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Sarah Fielke BOM - update

I have made some - but not all - of my blocks for the Happy Days quilt. Sarah Fielkes BOM for 2016.
I still need to finish some, and I would really love to get that done before her 2017 BOM starts at the end of January.
Anyway.....I have not been sewing the blocks in the right order, so heres what I've completed so far:

I finished Alain the bunny - I dreaded sewing him, but it was fine! Sarah explains everything in the pattern and the videos, so I had a lot of help!

I also finished the hexie flower, this was a fast and fun block. To me it looks a lot harder than it is. Fast and fun finish :-)

The hawaiian applique is fun, and it is easy to take along whereever you go, but this one sure did need a lot of stitches....and it had a lot of curves. But I like the way it turned out.

I have a few more, but they'll have to wait until the next post!

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I'm enjoying your Instagram feed, haven done this Hawaiian appliqué block yet or the one with the English paper pieced flowers either. Won't be done for her February quilt show. I'm also in for the a Down The Rabbit Hole quilt!

Kate said...

You've got some beautiful blocks done. The black background really makes the colors shine.