Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Splendid Sampler - playing catch-up. Blocks 9, 10 and 11.

I have been working on a lot of other projects, so I have fallen behind on my blocks for The Splendid Sampler.
I had cut blocks 9, 10, 11 and 12 a few days ago, so they were ready to sew "whenever I had a couple of minutes" - I just never did! Or....when I did, I chose to do something else :)
Today I finally just sat down by my machine and started....

Block 9 "Local Quilt Shop"

This was a fun block, I really like house blocks, but I don't think I ever made one before! One of many advantages to The Splendid Sampler - trying new things!

Block 10 "Iowa"

This one reminds me of a frosted donut, or sherbert..... My daugther loves it and wants me to make her a pillow with one giant Iowa block. 

Block 11 "Crocheted Thoughts"

This one obviosly still needs the crochet/embroidery. I am not sure how I am going to do that, So I am leaving it like this for now..

I still need to sew blocks 12 and 13. But I feel like I am caught up for now. I'll have some time to sew over the weekend - but I have a special block planned. So the sampler may have to wait until next week..

1 comment:

Kate said...

You've got some fun blocks there. I really like that Iowa block, I can see why your daughter would want a pillow from it. Happy stitching this weekend.