The all-white sofa-cover was looking really dirty after less than 24 hours. LOL! And I just couldn't find a way to make it work. Nomatter what I did, I thought the whole room was pale and sorry-looking :-(
So this morning I went out to get some purple dye. But purple was sold out everywhere!! I went all over Copenhagen trying to find it, but it turns out the company has not been delivering purple to the stores for a while, so they are all out.
Instead, I bought turquoise...
I thought about hot pink for a while, but thought Charles probably wouldn't be too happy with that. While I waited for the machine to do all the work for me, I finished most of the binding on Violas I SPY...
Now all I had to do was wait for it to dry.... It is looking good to me!
I finally finished the binding! Hooray! You must all be happy not to have to hear about this project again. It seems like it has taken forever!
Here is the sofa, new and improved. I like it so much better than the white!And here is the finished I SPY! Viola was so excited when I showed her, and started spying things right away. Oh was I ever pleased about that :-)
I made mitered corners using this tutorial! It was not as hard as I thought it would be, I'll be using this method in future projects!
I also got some fabrics -a lot of the stores I went to in search of dye had fabric too- but I'll show you that next time!
For a great giveaway, go visit Crafty Giveaways. This weeks giveaway is a started quilt!!