Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy thoughts are welcome :-)

This is what I have done to try and keep from stressing out. I am making this quilt as a Christmas-present for my parents (here's hoping they don't read my blog!).
I haven't had much time to sew, as the dreaded exam is TOMORROW! So keep your fingers crossed for me, and send some happy thoughts my way! I always get so nervous, and I keep telling myself, it's only an exam!!! In the greater scheme of things, it is not that important, but still.....I get nervous :-(

And my sweetie is not here! Charles is in Umeå, Sweden until thursday...

Oh well... I'll just have to think about all the sewing I'll have time to do, once it's over! That should put a smile on my face.

And another thing to smile about, is a give-away on Jackies blog Canton Village Quilt Works. Jackie is an extremely talented proffesional longarm-quilter, and the prize of her give-away is amazing! She will quilt a quilt for the winner! How great is that?! So go to her blog and leave a comment on the giveaway-post!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your exam, know where you are at, I have a statistics one on thursday.

Tine said...

eeks! Somehow I feel a little better about mine now.

Tonya said...

The quilt is coming along beautifully, Tine!

Good luck with your exam, I am sure you will do great!

Suzanne said...

Good luck Tine with your exam. Hopefully you will be able to get back to sewing after the exam.
Best Wishes.

jacquie said...

My hubby taught me never to wish good luck (though I forget most of the time) he says "good effort!" I'm sure you'll do great!!!

mathea said...

I get the impression that you have studied really hard for this exam, and I'm sure you will do fine! Try to do something other than last minute reading tonight - you have it all in your head now anyway, and some creative pursuit will help bring it to the foreground. So quilt a bit and try to get a good night's sleep and you will be fine tomorrow - the best of luck!!
The quilt is coming along nicely!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Tine! I'm sure you'll do great.
I love the colors you chose for this quilt. And how great that you're already working on Christmas gifts. A reminder popped up on my calendar the other day--"start making Christmas gifts"--which I must have entered on Dec. 24 as I was rushing to get everything done.

susan said...

sending you good thoughts for your exam!!! hope you do well

Holly said...

Oh that looks nice and cuddly warm! Perfect for snuggling in front of a winter's fire! Hope the exam was EASY BREESY!

ladydi said...

Tine, you are so smart I know you will do great! Best wishes to you, and thank you for the link to the google map showing where Charles is. I know you and Viola and Ask must miss him a lot. What a great idea to be starting Christmas gifts more than six months in advance! Your lucky parents - they will LOVE their quilt.

Dana said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Arkerchi said...

Guess when u read this comment ur exam will be over but still wishing you all the best. Plus, I am impressed with how neat your table is... since you study at that table. i cannot even see my table top for now and I am working everywhere else except my table...ha...

ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR EXAM.

Lori B said...

Hello, I'm Lori. I've been stopping in once in a while. Best luck on the exam! Your quilt is beautiful, I'm sure they will love it.

Eileen said...

I am really loving the solid colors you are using on this quilt. Gorgeous!
So excited that you've joined us. And I see you passed your exam.. congratulations! Now you can relax and sew!