Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Splendid Sampler, Block 2 "Wings"

I made this block twice as well. The first one is mostly white, and that just doesn't work for me. I was concerned that a mix of colors would make the block so busy that you wouldn't be able to see the butterflies - but I think it works.
I am not very good at quilting over embroidery, so I decided to draw the antennae onto the butterflies. 


To get an overview of the LO, I did lay it all out on the table before sewing it up. It's fun to sew with such little pieces. These are 1'' finished.

If you want to join, go to www.thesplendidsampler.com - the patterns are free, and it's a lot of fun to sew these 6.5'' squares. I am probably not going to be able to sew all of them, but that's ok. It's a fun learning process.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the butterflies! What kind of marker did you use?