Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas decorations in the making

Miss V has asked for at least a month if we could please put up the Christmas decorations?! I have been able to stall until now, pretty good I think :)

I love garlands, and I remembered seing this felt garland tute. So since I am spending a lot of time on the couch watching reruns of old tv-shows anyway, I figured I might as well do some stitching...
Garland WIP 
Miss V was happy to help me put all these on a thread and hang it in the window
First garland done 
I am pretty sure we will put it on out tree, though, I don't like it in the window. It seems too small somehow...
So I have rolled it up, and put it away so it is ready for our tree.

All rolled up 
It looks really pretty this way. Like a felt flower :)

3 comments:

mtnchild said...

Just lovely. I like the blanket stitch that you did around the edges of the felt; makes it more colorful.

I saw another felt garland with circles - the circles are about the same size, but they can vary, some small, some larger. Stitch across the circle, leave a space of 3-4 inches add another circle, stitch across and just continue until all the felt circles are used. It would make the garland longer. Just an idea for you. You can do a blanket stitch on those too, or leave them plain. I hope you understood my instructions.

PS You could also do the same thing with leaf shapes for the fall ...
Hugs,
Yvette

ladydi said...

Pretty! I like the above idea, too, to get more milage out of the same circles.

hermes bag outlet said...

The discount swiss rolex enhance a woman's style quotient and their pricing comfortably fits into the catier jewellery budget. They being so low priced, people tend to buy more than one mens jackets
at a given time. With the hoped for designer miu miu hobo bags being available at such an easy price no coco chanel online one can actually stay away from them. Therefore, if you are contemplating about whether to purchase hermes bag outlet or not, then you should go for them without any delay and buy handbags at will. With the availability of varied color and sassy designer louis vuitton wallets and that too at a cheap price, women can get the omega speedmaster watches according to their preference without any issues related to price.