Friday, May 22, 2009

8two8 March and April

These are blocks I made for Tia for the 8two8 group. Tia wanted liberated stars, 4 to a 15" block -which proved quite a challenge :) But we all managed, and Tia has already put the quilttop together. She's such a fast quilter!!
Next up was Lisa, and she asked for any pattern, in black and white.
I have nevet worked with black and white before, so it was fun to try :) I am very happy she likes these.
I have 7 days left to finish my paper, and it looks like it'll be fine. I am very impatient, and cannot wait to get back to my sewing machine. I wonder if I can remember how to use it??
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blocks are great! Don't worry not long before you are back at the machine! Good luck on your paper.

LauraJ said...

yayyy 1 week!!! You're getting there. Your blocks are very nice. You know I have that stripey dotty fabric in rainbow colour :)
Have a nice weekend!

ilovebabyquilts said...

I love those black and white blocks! Love!!! The first one is 3D in the middle.

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Oh wow, how beautiful.
x

Lily Boot said...

love the aqua and red stars - they are so pretty. And the black and white blocks are really striking. I sold 15 1/2 metre pieces of black and white the other day and as I was cutting it all was less inclined than ever to make a black and white quilt. But now looking at your blocks- they are really pretty! Sending you good paper finishing thoughts!

anne from finland said...

I can see that you can still use your sewing machine so well! I ma happy that you soon finish your paper!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The blocks look wonderful.

Phew only a week then all your hard work will be over. Wont that be so worth it. :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE your blocks! They look fantastic. Just finished a black and white quilt myself and it was fun for a change--don't ya think?

:)S

ladydi said...

These are gorgeous! I love them all, but especially the last one; the black and white block pattern. Today is the day, then you get to play! I give you heaps of credit for working so diligently this semester. It had to be HARD to put aside so many things you like to do.

jacquie said...

great blocks! i'll be you can't wait to get your hands on that machine again.

Amanda Jean said...

i love those stars! i saw her quilt top put together and it is wonderful!